HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lyvn

PostSubject: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to be a part of Euroaquae Gen 8. My first hosting uni is in Nice. It's my very first post here Very Happy. I received an email from the coordinator with admission documents attached and am going to start the visa application soon next week.I have some questions and need your help to clarify. Actually I did email to ask the staff to ask but haven't got any reply for days Sad

As what I searched on the list of documents required by French Embassy, there is a section of financial guarantee, which I need to prove that I am either rewarded by a grant or have a monthly minimum of ~500 euros. I am only in the reserve list for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Sad, so I can't submit the certificate on award for this scholarship to them (although in the email sent to me by the coordinatior, there is a certificate of EM scholarship). However I will get a grant from Euroaquae Consortium to cover living expenses and also I just need to pay partially the tuition fees. Can I ask the coordinator to send me the certificate for this grant so that I can use it as a proof of financial mean?

One more thing, about the accommodation in Nice, will the coordinator give me some info later or I have to it find myself?

Thank you,
Charles
Back to top Go down
vikram

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:10 am

lyvn wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am so glad to be a part of Euroaquae Gen 8. My first hosting uni is in Nice. It's my very first post here Very Happy. I received an email from the coordinator with admission documents attached and am going to start the visa application soon next week.I have some questions and need your help to clarify. Actually I did email to ask the staff to ask but haven't got any reply for days Sad
Hello Charles and congratulations on your selection to EuroAquae. I hope that you get a reply from someone in Nice soon but if not, I would suggest that you send them another email soon. (It will be vacation time in France soon!)

lyvn wrote:
As what I searched on the list of documents required by French Embassy, there is a section of financial guarantee, which I need to prove that I am either rewarded by a grant or have a monthly minimum of ~500 euros. I am only in the reserve list for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Sad, so I can't submit the certificate on award for this scholarship to them (although in the email sent to me by the coordinatior, there is a certificate of EM scholarship). However I will get a grant from Euroaquae Consortium to cover living expenses and also I just need to pay partially the tuition fees. Can I ask the coordinator to send me the certificate for this grant so that I can use it as a proof of financial mean?
If, as you say, the EuroAquae consortium is going to support you then I think that they should be able to provide you with the related documents that might help you apply for the visa as well. Again, I would suggest to write to them.

lyvn wrote:
One more thing, about the accommodation in Nice, will the coordinator give me some info later or I have to it find myself?

Thank you,
Charles
Well, I've never lived in Nice myself, so I hope that someone who has spent at least a semester there would shed some light on this matter. What I know from the past year or two is there aren't enough rooms available to accommodate all the students that come to the university in Nice. I would therefore advise you to not just to count on the University accommodation but to also start looking for something privately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fagirone

PostSubject: Accomodation in Nice   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 am

Hello there I'm Fritzi from Philippines, and I am a scholar (Erasmus Mundus Category A) this September. My 1st institution will be at Nice and the calendar of activities mentioned that a welcoming party will guide me to the accomodation. Will that mean that they will be the one providing me the accomodation or do I have to look for it myself? Because the Student Agreement form asked me Address in Europe - for which I have yet to know (or look for). Also, Visa application requires an address in France as well.

Thank you very much, and I do hope that all will be well this September!
Back to top Go down
lyvn

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Vikram, thanks much for your response. I've resent my email twice but it seems no hope. It's not the first time I emailed and got no reply though, so sad. Even when I called them, with the contact number given in the Euroaquae website, no one picked up my call Neutral. I really don't know what to do next.

Hi Fritzi, nice to know you. Yeah we have the same first hosting uni. I guess what they mean in the calendar of activities is that there will be someone helping to take us to our accommodation. They haven't mentioned how to search for accommodation in Nice yet, and I also don't know what to put in in the section of Address in Europe in the form.
Back to top Go down
vikram

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 am

Well, I'm not really sure if the administration in Nice will arrange an accommodation for you. That confirmation has to come from them and unfortunately I have no further information about that at the moment. As far as the visa application is concerned, I would use the address of the institute in Sophia-Antipolis in case I got no response from the Nice administration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fagirone

PostSubject: Accomodation in Nice   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks Vikram, and hopefully other alumnus that had been in Nice would shed light on this matter. Thank you so much, and I am very excited to undertake this Masters Course!
Back to top Go down
Jennyl E.

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 pm

fagirone wrote:
Hello there I'm Fritzi from Philippines, and I am a scholar (Erasmus Mundus Category A) this September. My 1st institution will be at Nice and the calendar of activities mentioned that a welcoming party will guide me to the accomodation. Will that mean that they will be the one providing me the accomodation or do I have to look for it myself? Because the Student Agreement form asked me Address in Europe - for which I have yet to know (or look for). Also, Visa application requires an address in France as well.

Thank you very much, and I do hope that all will be well this September!
Wow! Another scholar from the Philippines! Mabuhay!

From our experience last year, there was no welcome party at all. But yes, they usually contact the "Crous" (a company providing student accommodations in France) before your arrival in order to reserve a place for you.

The accommodation they will offer you is the "Residence Universitaire Jean Medecin" so I think you may assume this address at the moment for some purposes including visa application.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jennyl E.

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:27 pm

lyvn wrote:
Hi Vikram, thanks much for your response. I've resent my email twice but it seems no hope. It's not the first time I emailed and got no reply though, so sad. Even when I called them, with the contact number given in the Euroaquae website, no one picked up my call Neutral. I really don't know what to do next.

Hi Fritzi, nice to know you. Yeah we have the same first hosting uni. I guess what they mean in the calendar of activities is that there will be someone helping to take us to our accommodation. They haven't mentioned how to search for accommodation in Nice yet, and I also don't know what to put in in the section of Address in Europe in the form.
I totally understand how you feel.. I've been through the same situation. For some reasons, they don't give you answers quickly, and in the worst case, no reply at all. All I can suggest is to always provide a copy (cc) of your email to Philippe "Philippe[dot]Gourbesville[at]unice[dot]fr" whenever you send an inquiry to Mr. Dominoni. By the way, the working hours in Nice are (9-12 and 1-5) so make sure to consider these times whenever you call. It's a good idea to send again your email. What I did last year was resending the message every after a week until I get a word from them.

All the best for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fagirone

PostSubject: Mabuhay!   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 am

Hey Jennyl E. thank you so much for that. I'll check on that hotel you mentioned (came across it in the internet). I am also pleased to hear that you know other Filipino students too! Since I'm still a guest, my email ad is fritzi[at]gironella-cdo[dot]com
Back to top Go down
lyvn

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks Jennyl. I really appreciate your encouraging words and interesting tricks as well.
Back to top Go down
alamin10

PostSubject: to lyvn   Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Lyvn

I got a similar email from Euro-Aquae Consortium regarding funding. Below is what they sent,

"However, in order to provide you a financial support due to the quality of your candidature, the EuroAquae Consortium is ready to provide you a grant which will cover a major part of the tuition fees and the cost of course:

· The Euro-Aquae Consortium offers you to limit the tuition fees to ~4.600€ for the first year and to ~600€ for the second year instead of 16.000€ in total for 2 years.

· The cost of the course will be covered by the Euro-Aquae consortium. (approximately 22.000€ / 2 years).

· Moreover, you might be considered as eligible for the benefit of a 6 months European mobility grant (semester 2 or semester 4)

· The Euro-Aquae Consortium will offer you a specific insurance coverage."

Does it mean that living expenses are covered?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jennyl E.

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:19 am

Hi alamin10! Congratulations on your selection to EuroAquae!

alamin10 wrote:
"However, in order to provide you a financial support due to the quality of your candidature, the EuroAquae Consortium is ready to provide you a grant which will cover a major part of the tuition fees and the cost of course:

· The Euro-Aquae Consortium offers you to limit the tuition fees to ~4.600€ for the first year and to ~600€ for the second year instead of 16.000€ in total for 2 years.
This is normally offered to non-scholarship holders which means that instead of paying the full tuition fee (16,000 euro for scholarship holders), you only need to pay around 5200 euros as mentioned above.

alamin10 wrote:
· Moreover, you might be considered as eligible for the benefit of a 6 months European mobility grant (semester 2 or semester 4)
In my generation, they were giving approximately 350 euros per month for students without scholarship. Please note that this grant is provided for one semester only. Most of my classmates used this to augment their own money in order to pay the tuition fees in Newcastle University. I would say that with that amount, it cannot cover the living expenses.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to post a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
María

PostSubject: Accommodation and Financial Aspects   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello everybody!

If everything goes right, I will be part of the EuroAquae's 9 gen next semester. Thank you to the Alumni Association for organizing this space so we can solve doubts and share experiences.

My first hosting institution will be the Polytech in Nice. Regarding accommodation, I tried to fill out the online application for University Accommodation on the CROUS website. Also, I checked for private housing around the Polytech on different websites recommended on the Polytech website.

I have two options for accommodation then, but I'm having some troubles with each of them. For applying to the CROUS accommodation system, which is the cheapest one, they ask me for a bank account number in France which I don't have yet (deadline for CROUS is April 30). The problem with private accommodation is a budget issue...unless I share expenses with a roomate in a two people's room. According to your experience, what should I do next? I read in a previous post that the program takes care of contacting CROUS, but, do they guarantee a place within this university accommodation system? Is it possible to get a bank account right now, or should I wait until I arrive to France? I also will be needing a bank account for my monthly income.

Besides all these questions, I posted this comment to share experiences and get to know more people on the same situation, so we can eventually consider to share a room and accommodation expenses...I'm María from Colombia, my e-mail is mafe . efam4 @ gmail . com (without spaces) and nice to meet you all!

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Jennyl E.

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 am

María wrote:
Hello everybody!

If everything goes right, I will be part of the EuroAquae's 9 gen next semester. Thank you to the Alumni Association for organizing this space so we can solve doubts and share experiences.
Congratulations Maria! and you're welcome! It's our pleasure to help.

María wrote:
I have two options for accommodation then, but I'm having some troubles with each of them. For applying to the CROUS accommodation system, which is the cheapest one, they ask me for a bank account number in France which I don't have yet (deadline for CROUS is April 30). The problem with private accommodation is a budget issue...unless I share expenses with a roomate in a two people's room. According to your experience, what should I do next?
You are right; unless you share with some others, private accommodation is really expensive in Nice. Most of the previous students opted to live in Residence Universitaire Jean Medecin (the one offered by the CROUS).

María wrote:
I read in a previous post that the program takes care of contacting CROUS, but, do they guarantee a place within this university accommodation system? Is it possible to get a bank account right now, or should I wait until I arrive to France? I also will be needing a bank account for my monthly income.
That is true as well. In the previous years, the EuroAquae administrative officer in Nice usually do the reservation in behalf of the students (especially those coming from abroad) for rooms in Jean Medecin. However, this may not be the case anymore since a new administrative officer has taken charge of the position. Nevertheless, don't hesitate to ask for assistance from Fabienne.

Regarding bank account, you have to do some paperworks in person, thus, I'm afraid you can only open one upon arrival in Nice. My suggestion is to mention in the CROUS application form that you haven't got a French account yet; at least not until you arrive there. Again, the best way is to seek for help from Fabienne. Probably, she can contact the CROUS directly.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vikram

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:06 pm

… and in case you don't have Fabienne's email address, it is heyraud @ polytech.unice.fr (again without spaces :-)).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
María

PostSubject: Thanks!   Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Jennyl, Vikram, thank you very much for replying. I will contact Fabienne tomorrow...she has been very helpful with other questions I've had.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation   

Back to top Go down

Visa application- Financial guarantee & Accommodation
Page 1 of 1