HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Kostya Vasilyev

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kostya

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Kostya Vasilyev   Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:12 pm

I am Konstantin from G2 running for all positions as I would like to be part of Coordination Board of Euroaquae Alumni Association. I am also running as part of the team of other students of Euroaquae (Hossein, Liliana etc)

The Coordination Board apart from continuing what was started by first team of Coordination Board members should focus particularly on future opportunities for graduates. I think increasing and improving links with companies where Alumni are employed or will be employed should be emphasized.

Also more emphasis should be done on the current generation(s). The tradition of students describing the locations should continue and to hopefully grow into a special Guide book for new generations of Euroaquae.

Also I am eager of creating a special always up to date visa look-up table using which students and Alumni of different nationalities could be able to see which procedures they will face if they want to go to a certain country.

Also the Alumni association should serve not only as a link between generations but also help the current students with communication with administration of the course if there is a need for that.

I have experience of running communities of young people. For two years I was President of Saint Petersburg Students for Sustainability (non-profit organization of students interested in sustainable development in Russia) and took part in activities of other international organizations. I am looking forward to applying this experience to prosperity of Alumni Association.

So far I do not know exactly where I will be and what I will do after graduation from Euroaquae (apart from learning to drive and learning how to cook pancakes), but I am very much eager to work in the Team of Coordinate Board members and what is more essential with active members of Euroaquae Alumni Association.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna_me
Admin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Kostya Vasilyev   Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:01 pm

You can see Kostya's CV here.
You can also watch common candidates' video here.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eaaa-forum.activebb.net
Anna_me
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kostya Vasilyev   Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am

Hi,
I have two questions:

1. One of the main issues in EAAA is to involve alumni into the common
activities. After graduation, usually people are very busy with their
career and do not have time for this kind of things. What are your
suggestion (feasible) to improve the situation?

2. What do you think about PhD career after EuroAquae? Is the course
suitable for this? As we all know, the directions of this master is
to work in the industry, and this is clearly stated. So, do you think there
is something to be done to change the situation?
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Elections administrator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Kostya Vasilyev   Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

Well well well...
Few people are asking questions to the candidates... What a Face
So, I will post a comment! Basketball

I saw that some candidates are talking in the campaign.. something like..
"Well, thank you very much for the 1st generation for the effort to establish this EAAA. Now it is our turn to develop more this for the next coming generation."

I feel that this is a bit strange.
EAAA is not something to be "inherited" from a generation to generation.
Maybe because there are no candidate for the 2nd CB (except Anna as a former president), and some people thinks that this year G2 and G3 will work for EAAA and G4 and G5 will work for it two years later.
But this is not the idea, I think.
Of course, younger generation knows the real-time situation of EA much better than older generation. So it would be very important to involve new graduates in CB.
Its activity must always involves all generations and the CB members are from all generation. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kostya

PostSubject: Answers to Anna's questions   Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:46 am

1. Alumni should be actively involved.I think Alumni Association should organize some meetings/conferences/workshops in the 5 locations of Euroaquae. These meetings can be devoted to a specific topic: Urban Waters or Wastewater management. Such conferences could be beneficial both for the Alumni and the students of Euroaquae in that particular location. The Alumni could be interested because of the topic of the event that might coincide with what they do in their professional life. Therefore, they might be more interested in participating, at least by sending some information: poster or presentation, if they are too far. Also, this could act as a promotion of Euroaquae for other students at that location. These meetings do not have to take place in a University, this can be done in any other town, for example in the native towns of some of the Alumni or in a town where one of the companies where the Alumni work. Also the Alumni Association can focus on the interactive component of the forum, i.e. encourage people to share their photos as well as some stories (there is already a group for Euroaquae created at Facebook: www.facebook.com, so something similar would be good to see on the Euroaquae Alumni Association Web-site). Of course, the newsletters should act as a means to bring news to the Alumni.

2. PhD is a choice of the graduates of Euroaquae, therefore the Alumni should support this by creating a database of possible PhD locations. I guess in this case this can be facilitated by maintaining contacts with Brandenburg University of Technology at Cottbus, as Professor Holz has been providing some information about the PhD opportunities. Those Euroaquae graduates who have chosen to go to do PhD should be most welcomed to do a presentation (maybe at the meetings/conferences/workshops mentioned in the answer to Question 1 earlier) about how they are doing, what their topic of research etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kostya

PostSubject: Comment on Keiko's comment   Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:48 am

I totally agree with Keiko that the activity of Euroaquae Alumni Association must always involve all generations. Seeing how active the CB was in the last two year, I think and I hope that their level of participation will stay the same after the announcement of those elected for the positions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna_me
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kostya Vasilyev   Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:37 am

Everybody talks about meetings and conferences, but there is always a part of reality: money. Where are they coming from? For organization of event, for publications, for flight tickets from around the world? To spend couple of hundreds alumni/sudents has to be encouraged.

Just talking about scientific subject is not really encouragement. Meeting all your EuroAquae class-mates - this is encouragement! But then, that scientific event will end up to be a huge EuroAquae party. Why not?cheers
Back to top Go down
Kostya

PostSubject: Comment on Anna's comment   Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 am

If we look at the EuroAquae Alumni Association and EuroAquae programme in general I think not many Euroaquae graduates will know each other, therefore it would be hard to organize a common all over the world EuroAquae party, though, of course, possible. I think adding a bit of scientific component to it will make more people interested, especially those who have never met, but are still united through their common interests. I think the financial issue can be resolved if we work together, whether it is a membership fee, or fee for participation in the conference, or any other means. I think the main idea is that people are interested in communication. After all, if the scientific (but not only scientific, also practical) component is there, there can be some sponsorship from some other bodies, which we cannot get just for a party. However any means of communication, collaboration and meetings should be welcomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kostya Vasilyev   

Back to top Go down

Kostya Vasilyev
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: ELECTIONS :: 2007 :: Candidates campaign-
Jump to: