HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Hossein Rezaei

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hossein

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Hossein Rezaei   Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Hossein, G2, running for President and Vice president.

EuroAquae is a specific course, with lots of new good things. But, little chance to be together is downside of it. However, we have to sort it out. Some suggested EAAA. Great idea. (Other ideas? welcomeÖ)

In (specifically professional) life, the most important thing for progress is having contact. From EA, all of us will be more or less in the same fields. So just keep your contacts from other generations, and you will grow your contact list significantly faster than anybody else.

We need to share our knowledge, opinion, idea, experience and thought. And we need others to tell us about opportunities and their views. But how? We need to communicate. But we are far from each other, how? Others also thought the same, thatís why we have EAAA.

From nothing, now there is EAAA. Thanks to all who contributed to make it. (I personally really appreciate every progress of it). Nothing was prepared, some did, and we also need to make it, and then, here we are, use it. Thatís ours, so we need to make it.

To me, the most important thing is to get others informed AND involved. Each new person brings a head full of ideas, two hands full of energy and presence full of motivation. Motivation makes things move, energy brings ideas to reality, and each idea can cause significant change. So each ONE is very important.

EAAA is in a right way, with contribution of all of us; it is going to move faster.

Hossein
:-)

(as a part of group with Kostya, Olga, Lilliana, Ayyappa, Noki, Stanley and Takii).

P.S. to students, donít look at the name of alumni, think of it as community of EA participants.

Last edited by on Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna_me
Admin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:57 pm

You can see Hossein's CV here.
You can also watch common candidates' video here.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eaaa-forum.activebb.net
Anna_me
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:56 am

Hi,
I have two questions:

1. One of the main issues in EAAA is to involve alumni into the common
activities. After graduation, usually people are very busy with their
career and do not have time for this kind of things. What are your
suggestion (feasible) to improve the situation?

2. What do you think about PhD career after EuroAquae? Is the course
suitable for this? As we all know, the directions of this master is
to work in the industry, and this is clearly stated. So, do you think there
is something to be done to change the situation?
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Elections administrator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:45 pm

Where is your promotion video?

Are you super busy with the thesis now??? study scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hossein

PostSubject: dissertation nightmare!!!   Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi

Exactly, I am having super hard time fighting with dissertation to finish. Deadline is close and approaching very fast!

I will come back soon and more ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keiko
Elections administrator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:40 am

Well well well...
Few people are asking questions to the candidates... What a Face
So, I will post a comment! Basketball

I saw that some candidates are talking in the campaign.. something like..
"Well, thank you very much for the 1st generation for the effort to establish this EAAA. Now it is our turn to develop more this for the next coming generation."

I feel that this is a bit strange.
EAAA is not something to be "inherited" from a generation to generation.
Maybe because there are no candidate for the 2nd CB (except Anna as a former president), and some people thinks that this year G2 and G3 will work for EAAA and G4 and G5 will work for it two years later.
But this is not the idea, I think.
Of course, younger generation knows the real-time situation of EA much better than older generation. So it would be very important to involve new graduates in CB.
Its activity must always involves all generations and the CB members are from all generation. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hossein

PostSubject: for Anna   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi

1. To me, there is no 'lack of time', it is just matter of priority. We should make these issues as one of their priorities, so they can allocate time for it. However, when it gets too much work, everyone would give up. So I think the best would be the case that CB manages distribution of the work to individuals(either students or alumni) and ask them to do those tiny parts. In this case, people feel they are involved, and this makes them be more active for next time also, as they see the results of their work. But if it is too much workload for individual, there is no way to carry on. We donít really need number of people work very hard and the rest nothing; we need a piece of work from (almost) everybody to make a big job done.

2. PhD is a matter. There are lots of students come to this master to go to PhD afterward. But here they change, or sometimes they are forced to change. Some people! are not happy if students think of going for PhD, and they clearly say this. But still I think those who want to do so, they do, as some from 1st generation successfully did. Letís wait to see some from 2nd generation will do the same.

(I do not wanna encourage anyone to go to PhD, but I think it is important to show people all the advantages of possible ways after EA).

However, I think there are some issues which can be improved to make this process easier:

- People get a lot from their environment. I think it is important to talk to the students especially during 2nd semester in Newcastle about PhD, and its issues (good and bad). Perhaps it doesnít have a good salary like a job, but it has a lot of other things.
And also for different people with different situation in their own countries, it might be different. They might feel (do) better with having PhD. Not everywhere is like France or UK or ... that you would be fine for working with master (and not everywhere PhD would be considered 'overqualified')

- Another thing is sorting out some issues in EA itself, like the famous problem of marks! Attempt of different people, so far, might have made them to get their marks, but I think one of the important issues for EAAA would be sorting out these matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hossein

PostSubject: for Keiko   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi

You are absolutely right, Keiko. It is not gonna be inherited to new generations.

Maybe new generations know better about current situation of EA, but certainly ideas of older generation (already alumni) will be definitely helpful to find a better way for EAAA and its member.

But I am afraid; I donít know why we do not have any G1 candidate for this time. I wish we could have some of them around. I can imagine that they are very busy and ... but to be honest, when there is nobody from them, to me this seems a bit disappointing.

I am sure, however, that people from ALL generations will be involved and actively work for OUR EAAA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna_me
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:40 am

Embarassed I will be with you... as ex-president.
Hossein, do you have any ideas about financial aspects of Alumni Assn? Do we need to involve membership fees, sponsors?
Back to top Go down
Jean-Michel

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Hello Hossein,

Thank you for being candidate, and thanks for all other candidates, it a warm feeling to see people willing to involve themselves.

Why no G1 candidate?

May be because G1 was already heavily involved in the starting process and it was a way to let people know that this association is for all EA people and will only be alive if EA people are involved which seems to be the case just by looking at the candidates campaing.

As Anna mentioned and as you expressed, do not worry, there will still be people involved from G1 otherwise G1 would not have understood what it is about Smile

Good luck for all

Jean-Michel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hossein

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi

I am sure that involvement of G1 as well as all others can make a lot better progress in what we all are thinking about. Thanks to all 1st CB and looking forward to see them all again actively participating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hossein Rezaei   

Back to top Go down

Hossein Rezaei
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: ELECTIONS :: 2007 :: Candidates campaign-
Jump to: