HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Cheng ZHANG, Baily

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baily_zc

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Yes, yes it's me, Baily(Cheng or 张诚 or 張誠) from G2, Chinese, running for the post of secretary (vice-president was just in case (which is not the case tongue ) there was no enough candidate).

Yes, it's a very nice experience to study in EA with people from all over the world and I would like to extend the experience in the future.

Yes, the EAAA coordination Board should, was and will still be the most useful tool(communication\party arrangement\travel agency santa etc.) for all the Euroaquae participators. The presidential candidates has described enough about the mission and the possible future of EAAA under the new CB which are either feasible now or ideal.

Why do I want to be a member of the Coordination Board?

NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ALL.

1. As a G2 student. I am going back to work in China from Sept 2007. The G1 had established a very deep-set foundation of EAAA, the G3 and latter generations will make it even better beyond our imagination. And now it is G2's time and responsibility. G2 could be the bridge for G1 and G3, not replaceable.

2. As an East Asian who from time to time lives there. I think geographically, students from East Asia would need a representitive in the Corrdination Board. EA has a large number of participators from the far-east, and probably will have lots of graduates living and working there who need a "close" member from EAAA CB.

After graduation I will try my best to understand the Asian market rules and devote myself into the water industry development there. Hopefully I could have the chance to make the EAAA network working well in the far east.

All in all, to be a secretary, the duty should be, helping the leaders in decision making, communicating with all EAAA members and all EA participators, and developing EAAA itself. I may not be able to manage everything as the president, but I could manage the right part of it as your secretary, and your representitive.

So vote for Baily or Cheng or 张诚 or 張誠.
It's NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jialinchen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:57 am

Yes, as one of closest friends of this guy, I would like to recommend you to vote for him.

Why?
Very Happy BECAUSE IT IS B O G O F!!

Yes, as the description addressed above
Geographically we may need an EA Asian representative.
Except the serious EAAA routine meeting (If he is lucky enough to be a secretary of EAAA it will be his duty), I would like to help some unofficial part of work such as jocolor annual meeting farao travel agency

If you are from Asia
If you want to work in Asia
Or you want to travel to Asia
We would like to be the connection for the people who come for business visiting or tend to find future job in Asia.

If you are satisfied with my travel arrangement or "room service" in DHI Copenhagen,
You may trust me to manage the future EA travel plan or conference meeting in Far East Area. Very Happy

Remember!!
India to Thailand is only that much
Taipei to Shanghai is only this much distance
Seoul is also not far from us
There is even a kind of “EasyJet” running between Singapore and my city
Let’s link every body all around the world even in our long future

Vote for Baily or Cheng or 张诚 or 張誠.
lol! It's NOT ONLY FOR ASIAN, BUT FOR ALL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna_me
Admin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 am

You can see Baily's CV here.
You can also watch common candidates' video here.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eaaa-forum.activebb.net
Anna_me
Admin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:51 am

Hi,

I have three questions:

1. One of the main issues in EAAA is to involve alumni into the common
activities. After graduation, usually people are very busy with their
career and do not have time for this kind of things. What are your
suggestion (feasible) to improve the situation?

2. What do you think about PhD career after EuroAquae? Is the course
suitable for this? As we all know, the directions of this master is
to work in the industry, and this is clearly stated. So, do you think there
is something to be done to change the situation?

3. Baily, you have not provided EAAA information for database about your current position, which we asked some time ago. Why would you like to be involved now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eaaa-forum.activebb.net
Keiko
Elections administrator

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

Well well well...
Few people are asking questions to the candidates... What a Face
So, I will post a comment! Basketball

I saw that some candidates are talking in the campaign.. something like..
"Well, thank you very much for the 1st generation for the effort to establish this EAAA. Now it is our turn to develop more this for the next coming generation."

I feel that this is a bit strange.
EAAA is not something to be "inherited" from a generation to generation.
Maybe because there are no candidate for the 2nd CB (except Anna as a former president), and some people thinks that this year G2 and G3 will work for EAAA and G4 and G5 will work for it two years later.
But this is not the idea, I think.
Of course, younger generation knows the real-time situation of EA much better than older generation. So it would be very important to involve new graduates in CB.
Its activity must always involves all generations and the CB members are from all generation. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baily_zc

PostSubject: Answer 1   Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 am

Hi, hmm

I have three answers:

1. Yes, normally right after graduation people get very very busy with the start of the career, could not have too much time for alumni work. But, there will still be a little time, we suppose, could be used on EAAA alumni affairs. It won't take us too much. The 1st CB worked very well through the same situation, which could encourage the 2nd CB effectively. sunny

I would suggest that:

In the Coordination Board, it is better if each generation could have at least one member, or, fixed post for each generation as "Generation Coordinator" as a representative, it would make a more representative CB.

Yes, I understand the CB should be working efficiently, that's why we have only 5 posts from the beginning. However along with the increasing of generations and students, the posts in the CB could be increased correspondingly. Later it could be 5 normal members + Coordinator of generation(plurality allowed). rabbit

This might give the EAAA CB even stonger life force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baily_zc

PostSubject: Answer 2 & 3   Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 am

2. Hehe, it depends. At the time you will see, PhD or professional world, which you would choose. The course has no problem with PhD, instead, yourself rather than others, is the very one who should be suitable for PhD. cyclops

3. Baily is recently working as an intern in Sogreah Consultants in Grenoble, a "scientific city" in France, close to Lyon and Geneva. Yeah, maybe the database requist had been missed. But, the information of Baily's status is well known both in university and students, also could be obtained from many sources. hmm, that reminds me~~ Arrow

hmm, that reminds us, information-sharing is so important, between the EA coordinator and EAAA CB, between all students and CB, and also among the members of CB... I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheng ZHANG, Baily   

Back to top Go down

Cheng ZHANG, Baily
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EuroAquae Alumni Association :: ELECTIONS :: 2007 :: Candidates campaign-
Jump to: